Adult Mental Health First Aid Course – 2 day online course
This 15hr online course qualifies you as a Mental Health First Aider for working with and supporting adults, giving you:
– An in-depth understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect well-being
– Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
– Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress
– Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
– Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to further support – whether that’s self-help resources, through their employer, the NHS, or a combination of all
– Ability to support someone with a long term mental health issue to thrive
– Tools to look after your own mental well-being
This is an online course delivered through the MHFA England Online Learning Hub.
– Learning takes place through four live training sessions, spread across two weeks, with self-learning activities in between.
– Each session is built around a Mental Health First Aid action plan .
– We limit numbers to 16 people per course so that the instructor can keep people safe and supported while they learn.
– About mental health
– Risk factors for mental ill health
– Protective factors for mental health
– Preventing mental health issues and promoting well- being
– Topics included within the Mental Health First Aider course include:
Depression – Anxiety – Suicide – Psychosis – Self-harm – Eating disorders – Personality disorders – Cognitive behavioural therapy
Everyone who completes the course gets:
– A certificate of attendance to say you are a Mental Health First Aider
– A manual to refer to whenever you need it
– A quick reference card for the Mental Health First Aid action plan
– A workbook including a helpful toolkit to support your own mental health
Simply choose the course you wish to book from the list of upcoming courses, enter your booking details and complete payment – either by PayPal or debit/credit card, or by requesting payment via invoice to your organisation.