Upcoming Youth Mental Health Aware Courses
We also offer an online version of this course.
This introductory half-day session raises awareness of young people’s mental health. It covers:
– Some of the common mental health issues affecting young people, including depression, anxiety, eating disorders and psychosis
– Skills to work more effectively with young people living with mental health issues
– Ways to support young people with a mental health issue and relate to their experiences
– Half day face-to-face session
– Learning takes place through a mix of presentations, group discussions and workshop activities
– We limit numbers to 25 people per course so that the instructor can keep people safe and supported while they learn
– What is mental health?
– Protective and risk factors
– Signs and symptoms of mental ill health in young people
– Signposting to professional and self-help
– Self-awareness and self-care
– Topics included within this course include:Depression – Anxiety – Suicide – Psychosis – Self-harm – Eating disorders
Everyone who completes the course gets:
– A certificate to say you are Youth Mental Health Aware
– A manual to keep and refer to whenever you need it
Simply choose the course you wish to book from the list of upcoming courses, enter your booking details and complete payment – either by PayPal or debit/credit card, or by requesting payment via invoice to your organisation.