Discounted ONLINE MHFA November 2021 – one for the ladies
Earlier in the year, I was successful in receiving funding to provide a part-funded MHFA course for men only, in support of Men’s Health Day.
And so it’s only fair I offer the same to the ladies too. I’m supporting a fantastic new charity, Seaful, in providing mental health support and guidance within the outdoor and environmental protection sector. I’d like to extend this support to ladies, industry-wide, who feel they may benefit from some mental health knowledge, either to use personally or to better support other people in their lives.
This is a part-funded course, costing just £40 instead of £300, and has very limited availability. Bookings must be made and confirmed by 01/11/21 in order to access the part-funded offer.
Course dates and times:
WED 10/11/21 – Session 1… 10.00 – 12.30
THUR 11/11/21 – Session 2… 10.00 – 12.30
WED 17/11/21 – Session 3… 10.00 – 12.30
THUR 18/11/21 – Session 4… 10.00 – 12.30
ONLINE MHFA November 2021 – one for the ladies
This 15hr ONLINE course qualifies you as a Mental Health First Aider, giving you:
– An in-depth understanding of mental health and factors that affect well-being
– Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
– Confidence to reassure and support a person in distress
– Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
– Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to further support – whether that’s through self-help, their place of work, the NHS, or a mix – engaging with external agencies where appropriate.
– Ability to support someone with a long term mental health issue or disability to thrive
– Tools to look after your own mental well-being
– This is an online course delivered through the MHFA England Online Learning Hub
– Learning takes place through four live training sessions spread across two weeks, with self-learning activities in between
– Each session is built around a Mental Health First Aid action plan
– We limit numbers to 12 people per course so that the instructor can keep people safe and supported while they learn
– About mental health
– Risk factors for mental ill-health
– Protective factors for mental health
– Preventing mental health issues and promoting well-being
– Topics included within the MHFA course include:
Depression – Anxiety – Suicide – Psychosis – Self-harm – Eating disorders
Everyone who completes the course gets:
– A certificate of attendance to say you are a Mental Health First Aider
– An MHFA manual to refer to whenever you need it
– A workbook including some helpful tools to support your own mental health
This course is accredited by MHFA England.
Simply choose the course you wish to book from the list of upcoming courses, enter your booking details and complete payment – either by PayPal or debit/credit card, or by requesting payment via invoice to your organisation.