Upcoming Adult Mental Health Aware Courses
We also offer an online version of this course.
This half-day session, delivered face-to-face raises awareness of mental health. It covers:
– What mental health is and how to challenge stigma
– A basic knowledge of some common mental health issues
– An introduction to looking after your own mental health and maintaining well-being
– Confidence to support someone in distress or who may be experiencing a mental health issue
– This is a half day course delivered face to face
– Learning takes place through a mix of presentations, group discussions and workshop activities
– We limit numbers to 25 people per course so that the instructor can keep people safe and supported while they learn
– What is mental health?
– Mental Health Continuum
– Factors which affect mental health
– Stigma, stress and stress management
– Spotting signs of distress
– Mental health conditions: Depression, Anxiety disorders, Psychosis, Eating disorders, Suicide, Self-harm
– Starting a supportive conversation
– Supporting mental health in the workplace
– Helpful resources
Everyone who completes the course gets:
– A certificate of attendance to say you are Mental Health Aware
– A manual to refer to whenever you need it
– A workbook including a helpful toolkit to support your own mental health
Simply choose the course you wish to book from the list of upcoming courses, enter your booking details and complete payment – either by PayPal or debit/credit card, or by requesting payment via invoice to your organisation.